SOFEA is committed to Safeguarding our workforce. As such we follow a Safer Recruitment procedure, which means that successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check, will undertake Safeguarding and Prevent training and that referees will be asked whether there is any reason why they should not work with children, young people, or vulnerable adults.
About the Role
SOFEA is looking to recruit a Finance Manager.
The role is reporting directly into the Chief Executive and is the main finance contact for the organisation.
The finance manager is a key player and will be responsible for the day-to-day finances of the charity, with support from an account assistant.
We are looking for someone that has held a similar role previously and is able to work independently and proactively.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Production of accurate monthly management accounts including variance analysis
- Production of cashflow report
- Working with heads of department to create budgets & forecasts
- Support to funding manager for grant funding applications and reporting
- Working with external auditors and managing the year end audit
- Taking ownership of the finance function
Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant, preferably ACCA/CIMA – 3 years PQE
- Xero experience
- Strong team player but also happy to work independently using own initiative
- Ability to drive change and improve efficiencies, processes and controls
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational skills
- Self-motivated, challenging, and consultative
- Positive and pro-active “can do” attitude
- Tenacious and rigorous, with strong attention to detail, and strong problem-solving ability
- Flexible and willing to complete any task to ensure that the team meets its objectives
- Maintain professional qualification and keep up to date with financial legislation and technological advances
- Ability to communicate confidently at board level, and also to the wider business
Get in touch
If you’re interested, please complete the form below: