The 'No Limits' Programme has kicked off to a great start...
In Darren’s words….
‘Working with you has given me hope that it is possible to do something. Because I have quite a lot of barriers especially with age and being homeless. This is more one on one and I found out more today than a whole year looking for what to do…I feel like I have support. I am excited now…’
The project will enable SOFEA and Aspire to introduce a comprehensive programme of support over the next 12 months to help address the legacy impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic. Working from community settings across Oxfordshire, such as food larders and community centres, the support will be person-centred and focused on supporting people who have been at risk of being held back by the detrimental effects of the pandemic and who are now at risk of being affected by the cost-of-living crisis.
Our four target groups cover most people in need in our communities:
- Young people who have experienced education disturbance and/or unemployment, or at risk of NEET
- Improved social mobility for minority ethnic communities
- Those furthest from the labour market including employment support for those identified as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) for COVID, and/or affected by the digital divide, food poverty or other socio-economic deprivation
- The Over 50s- aligned to the OxLIFE priority of the LIS, to support people to contribute to the economy into later life through longer and flexible careers
We can support with:
- Providing up to 30 hours of 1-1 support with finding employment, education, or training, this includes CV writing, application forms, interview prep etc.
- Providing travel bursaries for getting to interviews or the first month of a job or apprenticeship, if this is a barrier
- Providing electronic devices and data to people experiencing digital poverty and informal digital training programmes.
If you would like to refer an individual to us to support them in getting closer to the labour market, please obtain the individuals permission to share their contact details with us and send the individuals name and contact details to Ria@sofea.uk.com or email@example.com . The team will then contact the individual and start the programme of support with them.